The Trust Fund was created July 1, 2006, to help reduce rates and claims for qualified members. It features a safety assessment and training, nurse triage and back-to-work programs, and free evaluations of insurance costs.
ATA sponsors an Annual Conference where members enjoy discounted registration fees as they learn about timely issues and visit with product and service suppliers. This year's Annual Conference will be held on October 23-25, 2023, at the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks, Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
- Informative and entertaining programs
- Opportunities to network with colleagues
- Trade Show with transit equipment and service vendors
ATA’s Training Program offers low-cost, professional training to over 2,000 drivers, supervisors, and staff in Arkansas’ most comprehensive passenger transportation training program. ATA members pay less per student.
- Training is delivered online, in-person and hybrid.
- Skilled and trained employees are valuable to your organization.
- Certified instructor educates your staff.
- ATA members receive a discount on every course.
Our drug and alcohol testing programs are first-rate. Test costs are lower because over 65 transit and non-profit agencies and programs participate in our personalized DOT and non-DOT consortium services. ATA also offers free model substance abuse testing policies and compliance documentation. Our drug and alcohol testing programs are designed for:
- Agencies receiving certain FTA funding and required to conduct DOT-regulated testing
- Agencies with CDL drivers that must conduct DOT tests
- Workers’ Compensation Self-Insured Trust Fund member agencies that have a non-DOT post-accident testing program
- Agencies licensed by DHS/DDS with ACS Waiver employees that must have pre-employment and random drug testing and a policy that states whether they conduct testing on other employees, especially drivers of agency vehicles
- Agencies that want to test their employees to prevent substance abuse in the workplace
ATA’s website is designed to facilitate communication with ATA and between ATA members. Member agency and regulatory links are featured to promote services and ease of networking. For information, log onto www.arkansastransit.com.
ATA’s first-class training and support facility for members is conveniently located in North Little Rock.
ATA’s staff delivers timely information, seeks solutions for problems, answers questions, offers leadership in coordination efforts, shares resources, monitors proposed state and federal actions, and educates the public and legislators about transportation issues.
ATA members that are public transit systems and non-profit agencies with funds from the Department of Human Services receive free Traffic Violation Reports for their applicants and employees. Ordinarily costing $13 each, this benefit alone will save members money.