University of Arkansas Razorback Transit is currently seeking qualified Bus Operators. The Bus Operator is responsible for the safe operation of a large passenger motor vehicle, transporting passengers to specific destinations within the City of Fayetteville Arkansas.
Razorback Transit is accepting applications for Bus Operators through January 17, 2017. To apply to this position visit jobs.uark.edu and search for posting C686P or go directly to this posting using this link:
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Reports To: Marketing and Information Specialist
Summary of Duties:
The primary objective of this position is to be the primary resource for inputting data and providing quality assurance for the association’s data, which includes but is not limited to name, address, contact information and preferences, demographics and any other data that is used by the association. The incumbent for this position monitors the overall condition of the data, works with staff to identify deficiencies that compromise the data, and coordinates the identification and reconciliation of duplicate accounts within the association’s database. This position also works closely the Associate Director to gather, input, and report on data needed for governing body meetings and Annual Meeting. In addition, any other duties as requested by the Associate Director or the Executive Director.
Daily Responsibilities include:
- Process Membership applications/renewals
- Provide a positive member experience from recruitment through renewal
- Respond to member inquires and mailings
- Process Annual Meeting registrations
- Attend and work at the Annual Meeting
- Process Find-A-Lawyer registrations, collect declaration pages.
- CLE registration processing
- Phone coverage as needed
- Handle Handbook Orders
- Miscellaneous Deposits
- BOG/HOD Event Registrations
- Sponsorships – Tracks pledge and processes payments
- The Arkansas Lawyer magazine payments
- CRM Champion
- Data Reporting/Analytics
- Prepare mailing lists for marketing and publications
- Assist with Mock Trial
- Assist with Committee Appointments
- Resolving website login issues with members
- This position is non-exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is subject to the Arkansas Bar Association’ s policies and procedures pertaining to working schedule.
- Education and Experience:
- Two years of Secondary education or certification required. Data reporting and customer relationship management database experience a plus. Association or non-profit experience a plus.
Personal and Physical Characteristics/working Conditions:
- Personal characteristic include: a team player, self-starter working well with minimal supervision, high integrity, good personal habits, regular work attendance, courteous and friendly, able to work well with diverse groups of people, organization of multiple tasks and projects, and gain and maintain respect of others, both inside and outside the Arkansas Bar Association.
- Physical Effort and Dexterity include the ability to work within normal limits of an inside office position plus the ability assist when needed to lift all CLE equipment and materials as well as cans of soft drinks to stock meetings and refrigerator.
- Machines, Tools, Equipment required to be operated include but are not limited to AV equipment (video, audio, sound equipment, projector’s etc.) typewriter, phone, computer, calculator, copy machine, postage metering machine, computer printer, fax machine.
- Software required to be operated include but are not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and CRM database.
- Visual Acuity, Hearing, Speaking & Writing: Comfortable in speaking one-on-one level with customers, and in meetings with groups of professionals; professional written proposals, reports, letters and emails.
- Environment/Working Conditions: Work is mostly inside; normal office worker safety precautions and practices are required. Some overtime required.
Associate Director, Arkansas Bar Association
Home Care Association of Arkansas
TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the President/Executive Committee (President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer) and the Board.
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree desired in health care, business administration, public health, nursing, communication, marketing or a related field.
2. Training and Experience: Experience and a proven track record in management, customer service, legislature, community and public relations, effective communication, planning and special events. Previous experience working with a board of directors and healthcare experience is preferred.
3. Job Knowledge: Understanding of the legislative and political process. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to function as an effective member of multidisciplinary teams with the ability to manage complex projects, work independently and make decisions that require a high degree of judgement. Ability to manage an operating budget..
Responsible for providing overall leadership and management to support the visions, goals, and mission of the organization. Actively involved with the elected volunteer board of directors to establish and implement objectives and strategies of the organization. Develop effective partnerships and alliances, including but not limited to the Arkansas Department of Human Services, Arkansas Department of Health, Arkansas Health Services Permit Agency, Arkansas Hospital Association, Hospice and Palliative Care Association of Arkansas, Arkansas Nurses Association, Arkansas State Board of Nursing and the National Association of Home Care and Hospice. Serves as an ambassador of the Home Care Association of Arkansas. Exhibits the ability to set priorities, organize workload, meet deadlines, and plan and handle multiple tasks and events simultaneously. Responsible for managing the operating budget and ensuring a cost-effective management and developing the resources needed to maintain the operation activities. Participates in the association committees and helps develop and ensure the quality of services and programs. Provides overall direction for communications, public information policy, and outreach efforts. Attends legislative sessions as an advocate for the Association.
1. Responsible for the day to day operations of the Association.
2. Responsible for facilitating and coordinating committee meetings for the chairpersons.
3. Responsible for carrying out policies established by the Board of Directors as well as advising the Board on the formulation of policies.
4. Responsible for coordinating and compiling the materials and information for the Board of Directors meetings. 2
5. Coordinates and oversees along with the program committee chairperson and members all
Association events and meetings, promotes, plans, monitors content and attendance. Carefully
monitors expenses and is responsible for reporting to the board the financial outcomes.
6. Responsible for drafting, completing, and submitting all required documentation for continuing education credits in a timely manner prior to all conferences.
7. Maintains membership records and is responsible for membership renewals and the on-going recruitment of new members.
8. Maintains and provides updates to the agencies website and other avenues of social media as appropriate.
9. Develops the budget along with the Finance Committee and manages the revenue and
expenses in accordance with the budget approved annually by the Board.
10. Maintains the financial records of the Association, handling all deposits, billing, check writing and filing of State and Federal reports.
11. Demonstrates the ability to work with diverse groups. Presenting a high profile that is professional and projects as a visible advocate for enhancing the home care industry to the Association members and the public.
12. Maintains a current understanding of the changes in the home care regulatory and legislative standards/requirements. Serves the Association members as a resource and clearing house for information.
13. Initiates and encourages collaboration and cooperation among other organizations, leaders and stakeholders.
14. Works toward furthering personal knowledge of the Association and community relations in the home health care field as well as educating others.
15. Maintains such relationships with state agencies and the members of the Arkansas Legislature as needed and in the best interest of the Association.
16. Collaborates with the National Association for Home Care and Hospice Forum of States, Council of States and other national platforms that are engaged in education and advocacy for the home care industry.
17. Maintains membership in professional organization. (Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce,
Arkansas Society of Association Executives, Arkansas Society of Professional Lobbyists).
18. Supports Association policy and administration regardless of personal opinions.
19. Demonstrates a willingness to do whatever is necessary to meet deadlines and get the job done
20. Executes such general responsibilities as may be delegated by the Association Officers/Board..
1. Exhibits good judgment and decision-making capabilities, and is reliable in completing assigned
A. Is a role model in attendance, philosophy and dependability.
B. Involves appropriate board members in the decision-making process.
C. Recommends changes in the Association policies/procedures when needed to more
effectively meet their objectives.
D. Maintains appropriate attendance at assigned committee meetings
E. Completes assigned projects within time constraints acceptable to the Board.
F. Keeps the Board informed of situations and activities relating to our Association.
1. Identifies problems or dissatisfaction of members or others and works to solve them to a high
degree of customer’s satisfaction.
A. Responds promptly to all issues
B. Accurately captures information regarding problems
C. Reports these issues or problems in a timely fashion to the President/Board as
2. Decisions affecting members are made to support their best interest.
A. Consults member, when possible, as to their preference
B. Gives full explanations to insure member’s understanding
C. Bases decisions and actions taken on member preference when possible
3. Effectively turns negative situations into supportive relationships by use of concern, poise, understanding and tact.
A. Identifies and documents negative situations. Forwarding information as appropriate for action
B. Recognizes member’s legitimate right to complain; encouraging opportunities for expressing them
C. Turns problems into positive outcomes
4. Exhibits behavioral skills promoting a positive guest relations environment.
A. Excellence and outstanding performance is highly visible every day
B. Responds to the needs of members by meeting or exceeding mutually agreed deadlines for follow up
C. Reacts non-defensively when handling complaints and thanks members for bringing issues to our attention
D. Demonstrates professional etiquette, interacting with others while maintaining
E. Recognizes the member’s perception from their perspective and respond from that point
F. Demonstrates behavior which is positive, friendly and helpful
G. Actively listens through various ways for opportunities to improve member’s experience; i.e., personal contact, phone calls, email….
H. Works within the Association structure to solve member problems, recognizing at the
time the appropriate need to bypass certain steps to achieve member satisfaction
I. Presents a professional appearance and exemplifies Association standards of honesty and ethical behavior
J. Utilizes appropriate strategies to facilitate positive change
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org